Today I have been thinking about what I love about having a sling.......I know, it was a very long thought!
So, here's my top 9, in no particular order!
1) Hands-free shopping/toddler wrangling
2) Baby is close to their food supply
3) Baby is close to my heart (lots more natural EMF, even more than what's produced by the brain!)
4) Being close to me helps to regulate my baby's temperature when they are very little
5) Being held in a sling reduced the discomfort and spills from my babies reflux (and also meant that there was no need to medicate them!)
6) Carrying my baby in a sling meant that I was able to get housework/dinner done during the fussy times (which is always naturally the busiest time in the house!) and still be able to hold my baby.
7) Slings have been my quick fix when I have a tantruming toddler in the supermarket! There's no escaping or causing chaos in mummy's sling!
8) Never catch the train in Sydney without a sling, taking a pushchair is a NIGHTMARE!
9) The only parenting tool that I have been able to use right from birth all the way through to 2yrs plus!!
NOW no list is complete without the 10th item, whose ever heard of a 9 item list? It just doesn't sit right! So, here's the challenge:
On our blog tell us 1 reason why you love your pouch sling (or what you think would be the best reason for having one) and you will go in the draw to win a Bracelet set from Dr Bloom's Chewable Jewels and a Handcrafted designer coin purse from KraftyAS!
The lowdown on these fabulous Bracelets - courtesy of our lovely friend Bex from http://www.daisybaby.co.nz
Dr. Bloom created a unique line of teething jewels for fashionista mums and teething tots in mind, paying special attention to using product materials that are FDA approved, free of harmful chemicals and materials, and are both durable and stylish. Join celebrities such as actress and model Milla Jovovich who hits the shops with 10-month-old daughter Ever Gabo wearing her Dr Bloom's jewels.
AND Something not mumsy at all! A beautifully handcrafted coin purse from KraftyAS - made in NZ by a fantastically talented sister duo!
So, tell us what you like best about your pouch sling (or what you would like best) and enter it on our blog. THEN (Very important!) email me firstname.lastname@example.org your name and email address so I can contact you if you are the winner! Competition closes Tuesday 8th December 12am.